VTN introduces Apollo Jr. Compact Breathing Air Trolley
VTN APOLLO jr. breathing air trolley
Compact, robust mobile breathing air trolley for multifunctional use
It’s the APOLLO’s little brother, but it’s like nothing else in its class: the mobile VTN APOLLO jr. breathing air trolley. This breathing air trolley is compact, robust, and virtually maintenance-free. In short: it is ideal for anyone who uses breathing air trolleys.
The VTN APOLLO jr. can be used in a broad range of situations. This mobile breathing air trolley is ideal for any situation that requires a short deployment of breathing air, such as maintenance in production environments or cleaning confined spaces, such as tanks, cellars, etc.: anywhere you need an independent source of breathing air. Its compact dimensions and light weight make the VTN APOLLO jr. easy to transport.
VTN APOLLO jr. Technical Specifications
- Suitable for 2 breathing air cylinders: 6, 6.8 or 9 liters (maximum operating pressure: 200/300 bar)
- Maximum breathing air capacity: 5,400 liters (2x 9-liter cylinders/300 bar)
- Dimensions (HxWxD): 1061 x 587 x 465 mm (excluding cylinders)
- Weight: 50 kg (excluding cylinders)
- Length breathing air hose on reel: 25 meters, 3/8” hose
- Type breathing air hose: NBR or EPDM rubber breathing air hose (EN 14593/EN 14594)
- Control panel, with high- and medium pressure manometers
- Extra air line output on control panel
- Nominal output pressure: 8 bar
- Air supply (l/min): > 600
- High pressure alarm (whistle): 55 – 60 bar
- Mid-pressure alarm: < 4 – 5 bar
- Maximum total extended hose length: 100 meter per line (3/8” breathing air hose)
- Compling to EN 14593 – 1:2005
- Frame material: Stainless steel
The frame of the VTN APOLLO jr. is made of stainless steel: impact-resistant, maintenance-free and virtually impervious to weather and corrosion. The solid-core rubber wheels with steel bearings guarantee smooth movement and excellent maneuverability.
Breathing air hose reel
The breathing air hose reel (aluminum) is equipped with a 25-meter chemical and heath resistant NBR or EPDM rubber breathing air hose (3/8 inch). The breathing air hose is of course anti-static, to prevent the unintended conduct of static electricity. The breathing air hose can be extended to a maximum of 100 meters per line, while maintaining 5.5 bar of dynamic mid-pressure capacity. The breathing hose meets the EN 14593 and EN 14594 standards.
User-friendly control panel
The control panel of the VTN APOLLO jr. provides insight into the primary and secondary pressure via two separate manometers. It also features a relieve valve to vent all pressure from the system after use. An extra air line connection provides breathing air to a second user, if desired. This breathing air hose can also be extended to a maximum of 100 meters.
Safety alarms for underpressure
Like the other breathing air trolleys and units, the VTN APOLLO jr. is equipped with an alarm function: if the contents of the cylinder fall under 50 to 60 bar, then the system notifies the user by means of a whistle (high pressure alarm). If (mid-)pressure drops for some other reason, such as a blocking of the breathing air hose or a technical issue, then the system notifies the user by means of a mid-pressure alarm (if the pressure drops below 5 bar). This ensures that every worker can rely on safe working conditions.
Cylinder strap fastening system
In contrast to many other breathing air trolleys and units, the VTN APOLLO jr.’s breathing air cylinders are fastened using cylinder straps (rather than chains, for example). The benefit to this is that the VTN APOLLO jr. can use breathing air cylinders with a variety of dimensions.
VTN: specialist in mobile breathing air systems
Get to know our other mobile breathing air systems
VTN (founded in 1980) is specialized in the production of breathing air systems for a broad range of applications in the chemical and petrochemical industries. Our main sales region is the Benelux, but VTN’s products are now sold around the world.
We engineer and produce a wide selection of mobile breathing air systems in-house. The standard line for the international market consists of a selection of diesel and electric powered breathing systems: from the compact VTN APOLLO jr. to the multifunctional, electric Vulcan; the first zero-emissions breathing air unit.
In addition to the standard product line, VTN also produces bespoke breathing air systems according to our customer specifications. A sample of our breathing air trolleys and units:
- VTN APOLLO breathing air trolleyThe VTN APOLLO’s design makes it exceptionally maneuverable, without sacrificing the necessary stability. Capacity: two breathing air cylinders; 50 liter/350 bar. The entire structure, including hose reels, is made of stainless steel. It is also easy to lift and move.
- VTN ARGO breathing air unitThe VTN ARGO features a slim design that facilitates maneuverability, without sacrificing the necessary stability. Capacity: two breathing air cylinders; 50 liter/350 bar. The entire structure, including hose reels, is made of stainless steel. It is also easy to lift and move.
- VTN TITAN compact breathing air unitThe VTN TITAN is a compact, easy to operate breathing air unit for two or four users. The breathing air unit supplies a large volume of breathing air from a compact trailer. The electrolytically galvanized steel safety frame offers space for two breathing air cylinders with a capacity of 140 liters/300 bar (also available as the VTN TITAN XL, with extra storage space).
- VTN TITAN XXL compact breathing air unitThe VTN TITAN XXL is an easy to operate breathing air unit that supplies more than 210,000 liters of breathing air from a compact trailer. The electrolytically galvanized steel safety frame offers space for six breathing air cylinders with a capacity of 140 liters/300 bar, including a control panel for four users.
- VTN JUPITER mobile breathing air combi unitThe VTN JUPITER is a complete breathing air combi unit with easy-to-use controls and optimal safety for up to 4 users. The VTN JUPITER is equipped with 4 breathing air hose reels with 50 meter interchangeable 3/8” hoses and a diesel-powered compressor.
- VTN VULCAN electric breathing air combi unitThe new, multi-functional VTN VULCAN electric breathing air combi unit is the first fully zero-emissions unit in the world. This fully electric breathing air unit is equipped with an high pressure backup system in addition to the four breathing air lines (2×80 liters/300 bar).
- VTN Life support units (trucks and containers)VTN has lots of experience in the development and production of truck- and container-mounted Life Support Units for industrial and government users. These custom-tailored products are usually equipped with single or double line systems for multiple persons, a control room, communications and alarms, technical spaces, primary and secondary air supplies and double-line breathing air hoses (including communication lines). We can also fit them with video monitoring, gas detection, generators, etc. upon request.
Other products VTN supplies in this segment include:
- High pressure cylinders in a range of volumes
- Several types of breathing air hoses
- Line retainers and breathing masks
- Personal protective clothing (including airline suits)
- Gas detection (portable and built-in)
- High pressure breathing air compressors (EN 12021 compliant)
All VTN breathing air trolleys and units are certificated by SIR. The Stichting Industriële Reiniging (Industrial Cleaning Foundation) supports and regulates safe working conditions in the industrial cleaning sector. Our breathing air trolleys and units have also been CE certified by Lloyd’s Register. The VTN APOLLO jr. is the sole exception, as it is equipped with removable breathing air cylinders instead of built-in cylinders. Finally, our breathing air trolleys and units are compliant with the guidelines stipulated by the Pressure Equipment Directive 2014/68/EU. VTN is also ISO 9001:2015 certified.